We headed over to Sandy Beach Park. It was the same beach we saw Sunday right after we landed. We thought it would be a good alternative to the North Shore.
This was Suzanne and I's usual view from the back seat. Matt did all the driving and Preston used the GPS on his or Suzanne's phones and was the Co-Pilot. Good thing it was Preston instead of me... I am a BAD Co-Pilot for Matt. We would be the WORST "Amazing Race" couple ever! (Or maybe we would be the best since a ton of DRAMA would happen)
Anyway, I liked the back seat. I was watching videos on my camera of our kids. OH HOW I MISSED THEM!
Last day on the Beach!
There were some pretty hefty waves coming in again here. I was talking to a local and she said they call it Break Neck Beach because a ton of tourists come to this beach and get seriously hurt thinking they know how to swim through waves. Poor Mom chose a One Piece Swim Suit this day, poor choice. She got rocked by one wave and had SO MUCH SAND (hence the name of the park) in her suit that she had to go to the showers to try and get it out. Bummer thing is her swimsuit was lined and all the sand was in between. Near impossible to get any sound out... She was in the shower for 45 minutes. We kept wondering where she went! (Sorry mom I should have come and checked on you)
I don't think the wave cares about your muscles Preston. Matt has the right idea.
Prepare to face the fury of the BEACH!
Well that was Anti-climactic... obviously Preston won and lived through the epic battle.
We started with our backs to the waves. Matt and Preston usually weren't looking. I HAD to look or I ended up on my bum in the wave every time.
Yeah like Preston is... that's how I would be every time.
Poor Mom slipped in the shower while trying to get all the sand out of her suit. Sliced toe, skinned up ankle and knee. She had too many injuries and called it a day from the waves.
RUN!
HA I won.
Cute Picture of my parents, sans the skinned up bloody knee.
These waves are HUGE!
We walked over to see what was happening by the rocks, we thought there was a film crew over there.
Watching by the rocks.
Ah HA! There WAS a film crew! Hawaii Five-0!!! I don't watch the show but my Parents do, my Dad was pretty excited to see this. On the flight over he mused he would find out where they were taping and track them down. No tracking needed! We found them on our own!
The whole crew... now Matt and I need to start watching to see this scene. I bet its about 15 seconds on the show. They were there for a LONG time.
Preston got bored and started digging.
Dad always likes proof that he did in fact "play" in the water on the beach.
Turns out Suzanne needed some proof too, no pictures until this day of HER in the water... Got one Suzanne!
So this is a mix of a few things, probably too much fun, stressing about my kids and forgetting to bring along allergy medicine. It was only a matter of time before I broke out into hives. Love my babies, hate how my body reacts to it all... this was at the beginning of it all. It was WAY WORSE a few hours later. I finally took Benedryl that night and woke with about this many again.
That night we went to the BYU Football Fireside at a Meeting house a little ways away. It was REALLY NEAT to listen to the players speak about their testimonies and how they coincided with Football. Of course I especially enjoyed Holly (Bronco's wife) and Bronco Mendenhall's talks too. One of the players even played the piano while singing a song. It was really touching. Also it was interesting to see the players who are NOT of the LDS faith still singing and participating in the event. I wonder how they feel about it all... obviously they don't mind since they are still at the school.
Saturday...
GAME TIME!!!!
The WHOLE REASON my Dad came was for THIS!
Mom and Matt.
My FAVORITE Player! Kyle Van Noy, this kid is NFL material... he is seriously crazy and the funnest Linebacker to watch. For some reason my favorite players are usually linebackers. Biggest hits maybe?
Suzanne and Preston.
Suzanne.
Defense!
Yeah, it was weird putting on sunscreen and melting in the heat of the sun in DECEMBER. We loved it though.
Last picture together at the game. BYU WON 41-20. It was awesome, perfect way to finish the week.
After the game was over we went straight to the Airport. Turns out the BYU players were flying out just an hour before us form a terminal over so of course we spoke with a few players and coaches that we know (and of course my mom spoke to many she didn't know haha) A few times Matt and Preston were told good game and such (they were wearing BYU garb). One fellow even came over to Matt who was buying a North Shore t-shirt in a shop and said "Good game!"
Matt said "Yeah it was! Worth the trip I hope?"
The guy said "Yes! Did you get any beach time while you were here?"
Matt said "Yeah we did.... well have a good flight."
Matt didn't realize until the guy seemed a little twitterpated that the gentlemen thought Matt was a player. HAHAHA Matt is about 5 years older then the average player so he took it as a complement :)
We took a red-eye flight to Seattle then caught a connecting flight down to Portland. Our plane in Seattle had some warning light come on right before take off so we had to wait another hour to board another plane. We got in about 10:30 am Sunday morning. It was pretty miserable. Suzanne and Preston took off driving ASAP for Utah and we all drove straight down to Medford to pick up the kids from the Schmidt's. We were OVERJOYED to see them and I think they were happy to see us too. Ty LOVED playing there and keeps asking to go back to Mommy-Jacque's house or Evans house. After we picked them up and made a quick dinner we drove the 4 and a half hours home. We got back to WA at about 9:30 pm that night. We tried to sleep on the red-eye flight but got little to no sleep. We hadn't showered since Saturday morning before the football game... we were tired. Matt hit the showers then tried to watch a little TV. I think he made it 30 seconds before he looked like this.
Yeah we pretty much threw everything in the house and went to bed. It was an exhausting bit getting home with the time change and everything, but we made SAFE and SOUND and we LOVED our vacation!
2 comments:
Fun Fun!
So glad you had a great trip. So sad that the documentary is over. Well, maybe we'll get Prezanne's take of it in February, eh?
Post a Comment