It was snowing lightly, and we went with the Readings truck (and the Readings of course) and we both picked out trees.

As I mentioned earlier Matt is a bit of a Scrooge so he insisted on a 5-6 foot.... whaaa? Well this is the one we picked, looks huge huh! (As Matt was picking it up he said, "Mick is this like sword in the stone?" as he tugged and tugged he said... "I dont think this one's it" haha)
I had to make sure there was enough water in the tree stand... boy can these things suck up the water! 
Ty had a grand time playing with Aunt Zan while we set everything up.
I put the lights on and the garland all ready but the hanging of the ornaments will be tonight for our Family Home Evening activity.
I put the lights on and the garland all ready but the hanging of the ornaments will be tonight for our Family Home Evening activity.OH and we put Christmas lights up too, for the first time :) I felt like a grown up with Christmas lights of my own on my house! I LOVE them. I think Matt's Christmas spirit is at about 30% now... yikes we better conserve! Luckily we had football games and basketball games going all day long, channels 2 3 and 4 all had good games on, we were both in heaven! So it wasn't TOO Christmas-y for him.


6 comments:
This is our 3rd Christmas together, and still no tree. lol. I'd love one, but we're never home for Christmas (and our apt is so small!) So I'm pretty jealous of your cute tree!! And how fun to put light on your house!! :)
How funny, this year I'd like to buy one of those real looking fake trees with LED lights! Ha! After the $45 a year we drop on a tree, the mess they make - I'm ready for a fake one! So I'm keeping an eye out for sales after Christmas!
Question, what event made Matt such a scrooge around Christmas time?
Cute pics!
You might be able to increase that % by baking Christmas treats . . . or having my wife bake them.
EEEWWW, I agree with Will! STart baking...his tummy may smile too! Like I said before your Uncle is goofy about Xmas too... :P
How about She-Daisey Christmas...he used to enjoy that music...or was that just me...teeheehee...
Michael grew up with real trees but I've converted him to Fake...you can't beat just plugging it in:)
Post a Comment