Baylee was released from the hospital yesterday! On Saturday they did a quick surgery to put in a port for her Chemo not a PICC line like originally thought. A port is under the skin so Baylee can’t mess with it, they go into it using a needle. (Yeah yuck! But its better the Baylee ripping the PICC line out of her neck, arm, leg where ever) She began Chemo yesterday then she was released. H and Brit are now at Kristin and Will's house camping out until their next appointment which I think is next week sometime, but are OVERJOYED to be out of the hospital. We went over yesterday and scrubbed poor Kristin’s house to the BONE because we have to make sure that Baylee doesn’t get sick! So if you go to visit Will and Kristin’s house don’t be surprised if someone meets you at the door with Germ X and Lysol!
Baylee of course is a little sick, but that is to be expected with the Chemo treatment. What they are trying to figure out now is how to get her to take her Oral Steroids. She will swallow it but the second it starts to go down, she will puke... and a TON. They tried putting it with Ice Cream they tried crushing it up and putting in her chocolate milk they tried mixing it with a spoon full of sugar. They aren’t sure what else to do there. Hopefully something can be figured out quickly because that is supposed to help with her OMS a ton.
She is still shaky, but she is the happy to be out of the hospital and be around tons of family who just wants to help!
There have been many of you who have shown your love and support whether it be with little gifts, big gifts, thoughts, prayers, and little kindnesses. I promise they have been noticed and my brother and his family are VERY thankful.
3 comments:
We gave her the anti nausea med in hopes that we could get at least one of the 5 baby Prednizone tablets to go down. I cut 1 in quarters and slipped quater of a pill in her icecream and it was the last bite she would take. Putting it in the back of her mouth while we were brushing teeth was not good either. I think we have decided to beg the Docs to train HD and Brit on how to give ACTH injections.
She has been much happier today than I've seen yet. She has eaten a popsicle and a few Trix. In fact right now she is sitting in a high chair trying to feed herself. She rolled a ball back and forth with Jason and Sierra this morning and was smiling and laughing. She has started to talk more, asking where Crush her dog is. I have to admitt I have shed a few tears today, but they have been mostly happy tears. I am praying that things are moving in the right direction.
We are sending you all positive thoughts and lots of prayers!
I'm glad to hear they are out of the hospital now. There's a family at my preschool who just finished the steroids for chemo. I will ask them if they know of a trick...
Post a Comment