I am physically sick over this. Matt and I went on a date tonight. We FINALLY went to see the new Star Wars movie. It was cheesy and perfect. I loved being with just my guy munching on Charleston Chews and Swedish Fish cracking jokes and holding hands. I checked out from reality for a rare few hours and it was glorious. On our rare date nights I always keep my phone on vibrate, just in case our sitter needs anything.
During the movie my phone vibrated, I glanced at the lock screen, it was from our Landlord asking to show the home again. I didn't read the text, I just watched the movie. An hour later my phone vibrates again, it's him again saying he text an hour ago with no response and he needs a response as soon as possible. After the movie was over I read the full texts. HE WANTS TO SHOW THE HOME AT 9 FREAKING AM SUNDAY MORNING, that's tomorrow. You've got to be kidding me. He said that if we cant do it then, that the wife can come see it any time before noon, but not between noon and 4 pm but after that, and if she likes it then the Husband will have to walk through another time so it's in our interest to just have them walk through at 9 am. The only decent time for us the home can be shown is tomorrow from 1-4 pm while we are at church. Matt had told him in a text yesterday that if he wanted to show the home on the weekend between 1-4 pm on Sunday would be the best time. I text him back and reminded him that was the best time for us, and those other times wouldn't work. NINE A.M.!!!! REALLY?? I also said that if possible 24-48 hours notice would be nice. I sent it to him at 9:30 pm.
He wrote back a ridiculously long text about how nice he's been as our landlord and we've had a good relationship until now (more like he's walked all over us giving us a few hours notice before he wants to show the home, waiting weeks to deposit our rent checks, not fixing broken things like the garage door for weeks/months and giving us attitude like we're the ones who broke it when HONEST TRUTH it was wear and tear NOTHING we did) and how he needs to sell the house to pay for his daughters college education. He said he is very protective of our things when people do walk through and he has had to turn people away who have parked in front of our house and called him to tell us to leave so they can walk through with their agent. He says he has our best interest in mind when scheduling these walk throughs.
NINE A.M. REALLY??? That's our best interest?
So frustrating. He clearly does not know what it's like to have 4 kids 6 and under. I get it, he wants to sell the house but for pete's sake can we LIVE here until the 30 notice is up? I have googled tenant rights with no conclusive answers. Our Real Estate agent says legally he has to give us 48 hours notice to show the home and we can refuse to leave, forcing him to show the home with us home.
Question is, is it worth it to push back and pitch a fit or should we just say "Okay, you can run our lives. I'll spend a few hours or to tidying up and leave for an hour with all my children while you show the home everyday for the next 3 weeks."?
I am tired of letting him show our home. I specifically told him we did NOT want to live here while he had the house on the market and him trying to show the home with us here wouldn't work. He has it listed as for sale by owner right now on Zillow, It's not even listed with an agent (yet). He is trying to save money by doing it himself I think.
BOTTOM LINE, I am tired of sitting in the nursery room of the church for an hour every other day. I am tired of sweeping, mopping, taking out the trash, and telling the girls they can't play with the toys in their room because the house will be shown that day. We are not a messy family, but I think I am ready to just up and leave for showings and not care that Ty's underwear is on the floor, a dirty diaper is by the back door and cracker crumbs are all over the carpet.
Really, I am just tired of it all. I am physically and emotionally tired of this roller coaster. I want off. I am nauseated and need to be done. I want to be done with our Landlord SO BAD, but I also need a place to live.
GAH! LIFE! WHY!
Pray Pray Pray for peace and patience. My attitude, my response is all I have control over. I'm feeling pretty beat down... Resilience is our word this year so far. Why did I have to pick THAT word. Next year i'm picking "staying humble with affluence" or something more provincial like that... haha
p.s. Gracie is doing pretty well now. She was happy as a clam today with minimal coughing and wheezing hooray for that! A bright spot!
2 comments:
Ugh this sounds terrible! Not only does the landlord have to give you 48 hours notice, but (at least in OR) it has to be WRITTEN notice both mailed and posted on the front door or delivered directly to the tenant. Otherwise they cannot enter the premises unless it is an emergency, and even with the notice, they can't require you to be OUT of the house, it's just notice that they will be entering the premises. SO SO frustrating! Our landlord is thinking of selling this house as well. I can tell you now, I won't be cleaning every little thing every time they want to show the house, it just isn't feasible! I have different struggles going on right now but boy howdy do
I feel like you do and it's no bueno! Good luck!
Yuck, yuck yuck. We wish we could help somehow.
Post a Comment