The last week has been quite eventful around here from 1-4:30 am. Starting Monday night, Emma would wake up and scream, and scream and scream. She is cutting teeth, her top and bottom kanines (not sure what they are really called) you know, the pointy ones. Anyhow, I think they were giving here some serious grief and turned her inter a MONSTER. Not exaggerating that. All day every day was whining and crying. We alternated Tylenol and Ibuprofen we gave her cold things to eat, soft foods to eat, cuddled, did everything. At night drugged or not it was screaming non-stop, and I mean non-stop. No drugs, no diaper changes, no bottles, no changing of the clothes, being held or not changed it. The last night, Friday night, I heard Maylee start yelling at Emma at about 3 am "EMMA PLEASE! Stop CRYING! " then 2 seconds later Maylee shuffled in to our room and I hear in a whispered voice, " Mom, I sleep in yours bed?" Before I even answered she was crawling into bed with me.
Also, last week every Dr. and dentist appointment happened (more on that) plus meetings for church and Matt Church Basketball tournament were happening. (Matts team got to the finals, lost to prune hill ward, Matt was depressed but they had a fun season) we were getting to bed every night at midnight only to be waken up just 1 hour later. Matt and I each were runnin' on about 15 hours of sleep during those 4 days. Being pregnant and just being me, who requires at LEAST 7 hours of sleep a night, wasn't the most productive or happy about things.
Finally, the last night I had had ENOUGH and told Matt he had to take care of it. He did, by moving Emma in to Maylee's bed. Maylee was in our bed all ready. She cried for about 30 minutes longer and slept the rest of the night. Every nap and bed time since Friday night she has slept in Maylees toddler bed, and slept like a dream. Last night, we got 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep and it was A.MA.ZING. We were late to church, but Matt woke up literally doing a happy dance.
So, we think she might be about over the super rough part of teething AND enjoying the freedom of toddlerhood. I was hoping we could wait to get Em out of the crib until we knew if fourth and final was a boy or girl... To move the crib or not and buy another toddler bed for Ty's room or move the crib in there, but she is done and I guess well just be buying another toddler bed. Oh well for an extra 3 hours every night I'll do just about everything.
In other news, at the urging of our Pediatric Dentist Dr. Josh, Ty is getting his tonsils and adenoids out soon. His tonsils about touch in the back in the picture it doesn't look like it, but he was being silly. Anyway, it's causing him to have a little sleep apnea, that will only get worse the older he gets. He's a deep sleeper I think but doesn't get enough sleep now that he is pretty well done with naps.
We took him to ENT Dr. Mitchell who Ty warmed up to after a little bit and showed him his tonsils. Dr. Mitchell said they were pretty big, not the biggest he's seen, but nearly. So we'll schedule that in the next week or so. He doesn't really know about it all yet, not sure how to approach that topic with him.
In other news Suzanne Preston and McKinley are here visiting. We've got a fun day packed tomorrow so I'll try and take pictures to post :)



No comments:
Post a Comment