Since our new TV streams Pandora, we seem to have it on non stop. Our favorites are our Disney Music station and the Laid Back Beach Music Station. On the Beach station they play A LOT of Jack Johnson and Bob Marley. It's pretty nice and relaxing when we have all the windows open letting the breeze fly through on a beautiful day.
Also, I've been doing a lot of Jammin' myself! We hit up BiZi farms on Monday morning and it took me 2 days to finish it all. I did a whole flat of strawberries (12 pints) and I think it took 6 packages of Pectin. I ran out of containers the first day. It takes me a lot of time to do all this BUT when my husband and kids like it SO MUCH MORE than the store bought stuff it makes it worth it. I still don't think we have enough to last even 6 months. Hopefully I can get on some Raspberry or Blackberry jam too. That would boost our supplies.
Maylee still likes to "hold" Emma. The time has come that they share most of their clothes. There are a few dresses and outfits that differ but for the most part I grab PJ's and pants from the same drawer for both girls. It's tough to fold their laundry and put it away since I didn't know who should have what BUT now I've realized to just put it away and draw from either dresser for either girl. So funny. I think once Emma has hair we'll hear a lot more people asking if we have twins. We all ready do when they are both in the stroller. (mostly men- I think women can see a year and a half difference in kids haha) The girls play with one another all day and Maylee makes Emma laugh all the time, even when it's nap time and they are both supposed to be sleeping.
Ty has been Jammin' too. He's doing his finger dance and spin move. He tells me all the time that he is my "best boy" and really he is. I forget all the time that a 4 year old shouldn't have to be as responsible and grown up as he is. Because he has two little sisters, some of the mom jobs fall to his shoulders because I only have 2 hands and 1 is usually holding Em. He rarely complains though and really is my right hand man when Matt isn't home. He is very thoughtful and careful making sure Maylee doesn't stray too far, he makes sure she stays in the kitchen with her food, he lets me know when either girl needs a diaper change, and follows Emma around while she army crawls to make sure she isn't eating anything that she shouldn't.
My favorite thing happened the other day. Ty wanted a certain snack and it was gone so he wanted to go to the store. We only have one car. Matt had it that day so I told him that we could go but he'd have to ride his bike while I put the girls in the double jogger. He told me that was too far on his bike but I could go by myself and HE would "keep an eye" on the girls while I was gone. HA! So tempting but I don't think he's quite ready for all the duties babysitting requires. Love those kids, before I know it he WILL be old enough to watch his siblings.
2 comments:
haha, that's so cute that Ty suggested he watch the girls while you go to the store!! Way to go on all the jam making! And um, when did you get your kitchen aid? I don't remember that :) I get asked ALL the time by women and men if my kids are twins. It probably started when Capri wasn't even a year old yet. It's so weird to me that so many people's sense of how old kids are is so off, lol. At least Maylee and Emma are close to the same size now, but still Emma looks like baby. You're right, when she gets hair they will really look like twins!
I truly understand the "needing another hand" issue. Glad Ty is will to help out! Kristin was always my girl that kept you guys in line when I wasn't watching!
Ty is a very thoughtful boy! I love that about him!
I have plenty of jam for dad and me, so you could take a container or two when you visit.
and maybe blackberries will be close when you come in July and we can make a few batches.
Post a Comment