The day before we came down my parents Oven broke. The circuit board went haywire and it would switch back and forth between Bake and Broil and just turn off randomly. So she ordered a new one. It wasn't going to be in for 2 weeks! She gets her new (double) oven today. No oven with that many people in the house required some creativity.
Sunday after church Brea wanted some cookies. With no oven she and my Dad got inventive... Why not GRILL them? So my Dad carefully preheated the grill to 350 while Brea found some frozen sugar cookies.
They just put the cookies in, I was doubting, so Brea gave me a look like I was up in the night and it was TOTALLY going to work.
It was a lovely day so we just waited outside for the end result. (Which I thought would be a burned mess)
Man, if MATT is pale looking that means we REALLY need to get some sunshine in the Northwest...
Dad checked them, and confidence was growing... Not sure what my Mom is so excited about.
Here they are finished result~
Emma doesn't seem to be impressed.
But I sure am! Check out those Cookies!
Maylee says Cheese now like "shoes" hence the lip shape.
Evan was super stoked to try a BBQ'd Cookie!
So was Ty...
EVERYONE was! The cookies weren't the best, but I think that more had to do with the cookies we used not the BBQ. They did have a smoky BBQ hint to them but all in all they were edible.
Only Emma didn't enjoy them... She did however enjoy her first time on the grass in the lawn.
After that we headed over to Nate and Kelly's for the night. Our kids played like maniacs while Matt and I pulled some classic "whoopsies" like forgetting my camera, a bottle, a wallet and extra clothes for Emma, all of which were needed. Oh well we got through it :) and as always it was lovely hanging out with them and the kids. We're excited for their new little girl to come in June.
Next up, President's Day!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment