Hey all, I am BACK! Finally right? We've been busy here at the Spence house. We've had tons of family here and wouldn't you know it my camera battery died and I kept forgetting to charge it. So I only got just a few shots of the week. So lame... but here they are.
Steve and his new wife Deeann flew out to be here for the blessing on Wednesday night. Nate, Kelly, Tanner, Dallin and Ashlyn arrived Friday evening. My parents came in Saturday night.
Saturday afternoon we went bowling.
Dallin, Tanner and Maylee collecting the bowling balls.
Steve and Deeann waiting their turns.
Ty with his CHEESE face while Nate tires to keep Ashlyn modest... haha
Matt killed us! Well he barely beat Steve... regardless he won yet again...
Maylee and I. Side note, I got my CHI in the mail that day so you'll see a dramatic decrease in ponytails on me from here on out. :)
Nate, Kelly and Ashlyn.
Sunday we blessed Emma at church. It was a lovely blessing. Matt told me what he had in his head sounded way better than what actually came out. I told him I thought it was wonderful. The Spirit was felt and I know that Emma is one loved little lady. My Dad, Matt, Nate, Steve and Bishop Rushing all joined in the circle to bless her.
This is the only picture I got of her in her dress. I hope that when he head down to Medford for the holidays I can have better pictures taken of her in her dress either by my Brother Colton or Kelly.
Emma's Aunt Michaela made her a DARLING headband to wear with her dress. It was so cute. I just loved it. She looked like a little angel that day and acted like one too!
Speaking of which, we had her 2 month appointment on Monday. Big thanks to Deeann for accompanying me to the appointment. Three kids three and under going anywhere is a daunting task let alone when two of the three are scheduled for shots!
Here are the stats:
Wait a second, did I ever post her 2 week stats? Shoot I don't know if I did or not and I am too lazy to go look so for comparisons sake here are both.
2 weeks (which was really 3 weeks I think, the only time I could schedule her)
Weight: 7 lbs 7 ounces (16th Percentile)
Length: 20.5" (47th Percentile)
Head Circumference: 35.6 cm (30th Percentile)
2 Months (almost to the date)
Weight: 9 lbs 14.4 ounces (25th Percentile)
Length: 22.5" (57th Percentile)
Head Circumference: 37.5 cm (18th Percentile)
So she is growing like a weed. WAY faster than her older sister ever had and I keep saying from the looks of it these two will be sharing clothes by next summer. Emma is totally average and Maylee is a peanut!
Emma smiles now, I don't think I posted these pictures...
Her first smiles! She had only smiled maybe once before this. It took me about 20 minutes to get these shots and of course I wasn't paying much attention to the camera and more on her so the photos are off but hey I captured the moments anyhow. Pretty good for kiddo #3 I think...
She is a pretty smiley girl now. Whenever you leave and come back she either jumps because you caught her off guard OR she gives you a HUGE smile. She coos and gurgles back to you if you talk to her and I have heard her chuckle once or twice as well. At the Doctors office Dr. Chao rolled her on her side too check out her back and she caught her reflection in the mirror, biggest smiles I've seen yet. It was just plain adorable.
She is SUPER chill which I really appreciate. Her fussy time at night is quickly diminishing and tonight we begin the process of getting her to sleep through the night. Right now we feed her at about 11 and put her down to sleep, she usually sleeps until somewhere between 4 and 5. So I only need to get about 2 more hours from her until she is TRULY sleeping through the night. I think it will be a piece of cake, she is chugging her formula like a mini tank. Girl all ready drinks more than Ty and Maylee COMBINED at this age.
She has the cutest little face that I just cant get over. I kiss her chubby little cheeks all day long and LOVE to cuddle with her when the others are down for their naps.
A big thanks to all those who came out to the blessing we LOVED having you for company and for those of you who weren't there we know you were there in Spirit.









4 comments:
It was a fun weekend. SO what about Maylees eye? Or was it totally clear for her appointment?
She really is a pretty chill kid. Kinda sad that we missed her learning to smile. I want a bowling rematch!
Sounds like it was a wonderful weekend! Loved all the updates and pics!
Such cute pictures! Don't forget to get some more of Emma in the dress when you go down to Medford :) So cute that Emma is starting to smile!!! I can't wait to see more smiley pictures of her!
Post a Comment