Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Heartwarming

In the light of recent national news, I have had a hard time wrapping my brain around things. I don't understand nor do I want to really understand what drove someone to do something so unspeakable. My heart felt ripped out of my chest and I cried and cried and prayed about the whole thing.

I was having a particularly rough mothering day that Friday until I heard that news and decided in juxtaposition that I was having a lot better day than I felt. At least I could still give my kids a hug and a kiss and hear there little voices sing me Christmas songs. (Insert more tears here... don't know how long it will be until I get over this)

ANYWAY so I'll share just a few things I have witnessed in the last few days that have WARMED my heart  rather.

Yesterday Maylee threw a toy at Ty and it hit him fairly hard. He said "Ow! Maylee! That HURT!" May got a swat from Dad and a firm talking to, she cried and Matt waited a minute then gave her a hug and suggested she do the same to Ty. She gave him a hug and Ty's response was "It's okay May, you're still my best girl..."
Sniff Sniff, that boy is SO forgiving and I love it.

The other day Emma was fussing and I was trying to get Maylee cleaned up from lunch. I turned around to see Ty talking quietly to Emma, attempting to give her a pacifier. She kept spitting it out. He took off up stairs and came back down with his blanket. He placed it on top of her and kept saying, "It's okay sweetheart it's okay..." She fell asleep just a few minutes later. He was so patient and kind to her.

Ty was throwing a fit because he couldn't watch a show a few days ago. He gets easily addicted to screen time. He was throwing himself all over the place so I told him to go upstairs and cry in his room. He stormed off up the stairs. Maylee followed him and I spied her give him a hug at the top of the stairs all on her own. They both went in his room and played nicely together for a long while and came back down totally happy and content.

Kids are BORN loving and kind. They have pure wonderful spirits. I am excited to re-visit Christmas through Ty's eyes this year. It's the first time that he kind of knows what is going on and at the same time he doesn't have such expectations that he'll be disappointed by whatever happens. He gets excited just seeing Christmas lights. It should be a magical year. I have tried the last few days to be like my little kids and be extra mindful of those around me and to do a good deed where I can, I think this nation needs it right now more than it ever has.

1 comment:

steve said...

That brought sniffles to my eyes. I miss my little ones already. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.