Saturday, February 11, 2012

Special Delivery!

Yesterday my Mom called and said that her and my Dad were going to drive up with our piano.... using their little truck. I wasn't sure it would make it, especially after discussing how long it took her, my Dad and Shane (Again SHANE what a stand up guy) to tie it up and wrap it up for the drive here. 

My parents bought this truck about 2 years ago just for random things like Piano deliveries, trips to the dump and picking up gravel etc. My mom posted this picture on FB this morning and I died laughing. I think the piano weighed more than the truck and I was SURE that it was going to have a free sign on it about 45 minutes outside of our home town on the side of I-5. 

I called about 2 hours into the trip and my Mom and Dad were in good spirits and it made it all the way up with no problems and no rain!

Ty was so excited for his present. Matt my Mom and Dad unloaded it. WOW Pianos are heavy. My Dad is basically the hulk, seriously he is so strong... Matt is pretty buff too but we both agreed my Dad takes the cake for the "buffest guy we know" award. 

I didn't take any pictures during the nitty gritty so I might lend a hand... which I didn't really. Once we got it in, my Mom started cleaning it out. We found an old piano book and a spelling test from 1943. That got us curious, so I started looking it up to see how old it really is... I found a website that would figure it out for me, 
Smith & Barnes Piano Co.

Professional Piano 

Serial Number 143038

Manufcatured in 1913

COOL huh? Now we just need to give it a little TLC sand a few parts down and re-stain a little bit. We need to get it tuned and fix a key but hey free is free. It fits perfectly in our living room.

I can't WAIT to start taking Piano Lessons! I have wanted to since I was young. Ty is also enjoying it already. He plays songs, but not too loudly yet and I don't mind him playing at all. 

5 comments:

Spence Ohana said...

Wow your parents are wonderful. And what a beautiful FREE piano you have now...I'm jealous. :)

Kristin said...

Wahoo!!!

Please learn to play something besides Adelvice and that one church song. Even now to this day I am not a huge fan of those songs. Haha

nathan said...

That is SWEET! Makes me want to learn to play the piano. Wait, no I don't. Well...Maybe :) I think I tried once and couldn't get the double hand thing down. That was teaching myself though. Enjoy!

tracie said...

What a beautiful piano and pretty cool on the spelling test. You should keep it and send it to a museum of sorts. Too bad you don't live here or I could teach you!

Kay said...

So glad it got there in one piece and not tipped on the side of the road in a ditch with a truck on top of it! I flipped a trick once, not a fun experience!