Yes people I SEWED yesterday!!! I sewed Maylee a skirt for Valentines. Special thanks to Kristin for helping me on Skype during her dinner time too. Ty even picked out the fabric all by himself (really he did) for his sisters skirt. You will be seeing pictures soon. I was just too excited not to share that I successfully sewed something. I also learned how to sew on a waist band so that is handy as well.
ALSO in OTHER news, Matt and I have been doing the Insanity workouts together. They are awesome cardio work outs with tons and tons of push ups, abs, jumps, squats etc etc. I really liked it, it got my blood pumping and I worked up a great sweat. I started at the beginning of January so I have been going hard for about a month. Then a few days ago I remembered something...
I WAS A BODY BUILDER IN A FORMER LIFE! Seriously people I think I have added about 2 maybe 3 inches to my waist. Probably and inch or so to my thighs, and I have gained 2 pounds. I asked Matt if he noticed and he said "Uhh yeah I have"... Am I buffer? Yes, but thicker. I can pack on the muscle like nothing else. I was lean to begin with so instead of burning fat I am building all muscle. No wonder I always like to just stick with running or elliptical for my cardio because if I do interval training i'll end up 10 pounds heavier and be able to bench my husband.
Since I am not a fan of short and buff and am trying for more long and lean I will discontinue my use of Insanity and go back to my normal running for cardio and start using my Tracey Anderson DVD to slim me out a bit.
Thanks Dad, for such ripped arms, legs, and abs... but i'll pass on that for a more feminine look.
P.S. Matt hasn't changed a bit on insanity in his physical appearance, it has just made him quicker... he loves it so he'll stick with it.
P.S.S. Please oh PLEASE Ty, get your Daddy's height and your moms body builder muscles... you'll be smokin' fast AND super buff!
P.S.S.S. (how many can I do?) Maylee, please get your Daddy's ankles and lean-ness. You'll thank me for it promise. No one likes being the chick that can squat her boyfriend with her rock hard legs.

6 comments:
Wow! Everyone says do insanity to get lean. I didn't bulk up at all.
You should really give thegymbox a try :)
I do remember that you took a weights class in high school. Man your thighs got HUGE!
Don't we all wish that we could pick the traits our kids would have... Although mine are destined for braces :)
Haha. I'm just glad that you're "you" because some girls would just run with the buff look and that would be scary.
Problem is...Mick...you happen to get both sides of the body building gene, mine and Dad's!
Oh man...my word verification?
mangrl
Mickie...I bulked up too!!! You should have seen my calves. HUGE! Wait, uh...nevermind. Those things NEVER grow! Boy was it tough doing it in Idaho, compared to Oregon. I didn't think it would be much different since we did it up at Jacksonville, but it was tough. Anyways, hope we can see y'all soon :)
What is this Mickie? No before and after pics?
Post a Comment