Trouble is, I made them all the time before and when I was first pregnant with Maylee. I liked them before I got pregnant... but the second I got pregnant I ate one and it was no bueno.
I couldn't handle them then and I have yet to make that recipe since being pregnant with Maylee. I thought it was that recipe in particular.
Last night I made THIS yummy one pot meal for dinner. It was really good for the first bite then just terrible for my second, then third, and all subsequent bites.
Matt gobbled his up with the addition of Hot Sauce on his and told me it was so good. I thought, Wow I didn't like that at all! I wonder what it was...
CUMIN! It's ruined for me now. Whenever I eat Cumin it reminds me of being so sick with May at the beginning of my pregnancy. This isn't uncommon in my family. For my mom? It's Banana's she can eat them and so can others, but not in confined spaces. Oh and minty toothpaste... my mom has bought the kiddy bubble gum or fruity flavors for herself for as long as I can remember. For Kristin? Pretty sure it's Angel Food Cake. I haven't seen her eat any since that flu she got while pregnant with Jason, or was it Sierra. Either way she wont eat it.
Matt looked at me like I was a little crazy when I figured it out and was explaining my aversion to Cumin. Does this happen to anyone else or is it just our family? What foods just totally gross you out now that you used to LOVE before Pregnancy?
9 comments:
Darn! I love cumin. I get over my aversions with pregnancy, luckily.
I can force myself to eat it to be polite. Maybe one day I will like it again.
It's funny how a banana eaten in a car just starts my stomach spinning. One little whiff, and all those nauseating feeling jump right to my throat!
I'm a bit better with the toothpaste, but still prefer Kids tooth paste any day!!
Dad had a hard time for years with baked potatoes and sour cream.
I got the flu once and got sick over some raspberries (freshly picked I may add). Now I get sick just thinking about raspberries.
Oh and pickles. Caleb has to brush his teeth and use liberal amount of mouth wash if he ever eats one. Makes me gag.
Subway's meatball sandwiches! I think it was with Madeline's pregnancy. On our roadtrip to CA in Sept. we were hungry and the only thing close by was a subway. The kids don't like sub sandwiches with sandwich meet...so I got them the meatball sandwich cause I knew they would eat that....ugh made me sick just smelling it.
Bummer about the cumin. We use it for our homemade salsa and enchiladas.
Eggplant is my no-bueno.
Just the opposite here... Chrissie used to not like, along with me, fresh tomatoes. After being pregnant she switched teams and now likes them....
I made Chicken Caccitore while pregnant with Denali and still can't eat it. Chicken with red sauce in general just sounds disgusting. With Carter I had food poisoning and the last thing I'd eaten was Stuffed Manicotti. Not sure I'll ever eat that again.
Totally get it...
Post a Comment