Friday, April 8, 2011

What's with that!

Let me complain for just a second...

What is with this exclusive "I'm a mom and I KNOW whats best for my child AND yours." 

Super annoying to me. 

I don't just walk over to a parent and randomly offer my advice on how they should be doing it better. 

I am THIS child's mother... I LOVE this child and I want to do what is BEST FOR THEM. What you think is best for your child may not be what is best for mine.

Ugh ENOUGH of that... Don't do it people... Random strangers or even your friends probably don't want your opinionated mothering advice. It's something that every mom needs to figure out on their own and they don't need your voice in the back of their head making them feel like a bad mom because they don't do it your way. Give it ONLY if they ask. 

No matter how you parent someone has the opposite opinion... promise. 

Hopefully I haven't been the type of person that I am complaining about, if I have I am sorry! I didn't do it knowingly and completely erase my terrible advice from your brain, you are a GREAT mom and who am I to tell you anything other wise!

Okay off my soap box...

(These thoughts came from hearing about a friends experience of a mother who insisted that my friend feed her 6 week preemie baby who is still just 6 pounds, not breast milk but double the scoops of formula to water with melted butter in the bottle to pack the weight on and that she wasn't doing it right. All though I too have been victim to random strangers and friends sharing things that I have to do as well, that their way is so much better. Drives me nuts and come on I just had a baby hormones are going crazy so I either get fuming mad or cry or both. Mothering is hard don't mess with these mommies head people!)

In other news, Matt doesn't think he'll ever take the train with an almost 2 year old ever again. The trip got off to a rough start but is better now and hopefully the rest goes smoothly. 

6 comments:

Spence Ohana said...

Double formula and melted butter? Strange. Um ya, I definitely try not to give advice or say what I did with my children unless asked. And when I do I usually try to say, "that's the way I did it, but everyone is different."

Poor Matt. I thought the train trip sounded like fun. But 15 hours with a 2 year old may be a bit challenging. Hopefully they can nap and sleep. :)

Will said...

I just don't talk to new mothers. Don't want to mess with those post-pregnancy hormones, haha. You're just the exception. Haha, I like your parenting approach just fine.

Will said...

Oh and I'd usually never make light of those hormones, but you did . . .

Kay said...

LOL! Butter? Double scoops? Okay, that just made me laugh!

Anonymous said...

Wow!These hormones are really bad. I'm a guy, so thanks for the heads up. By the way, how long does that last? One more question. Are you ready for number three yet? I'm just saying; is it too sood to ask. OK I got it. Hormones again. Right? The train trip sounds like a good idea about now. Huh Matt?

Holly said...

I have been one of those 'Moms' that offer advice...next time tell to hush up. ;o)