Tuesday, April 19, 2011

TMT: A book?

My sister let me borrow a book called, The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands By Dr. Laura.

I thought it would be an interesting read. Boy has it opened my eyes! I recommend it to ANY married women or someone just in a relationship. It's changed the way I think and react and it nice to think about how I can improve my marriage. Lately things have been so stressful with the job changes, new baby, impending graduation that my thoughts of how to take care of Matt have been pushed aside to think about everything else.

I urge you ladies, even if you don't read the book to at least heed it's advice and either write your man a little note of appreciation and love or tell him! He needs it, he is working hard for you and tries hard to make you happy! (even if you don't think so all the time I promise he is)

After reading most of the book (i'm not done yet) I had a major realization that I under-appreciate my wonderful husband so I wrote him a nice long letter.

I'll spare you all my lovey dovey thoughts but I will share a one of the few poems that I included in it.


The minute I heard my first love story,
I started looking for you, not knowing
how blind that was.

Lovers don't finally meet somewhere,
they're in each other all along.

From Essential Rumi
by Coleman Barks


I married my knight in shining armor and this book reminded me how stinkin' lucky I am to have him! Matt has been my best friend for over a decade now, I sure love him. Oh and don't sweat the small stuff in the grand eternal scheme of things the fact that he didn't notice your haircut, didn't take the trash out, or didn't put his clothes away doesn't matter! Just make sure your man knows you love and appreciate him, that is something that does matter.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A woman who finally got it. Thanks for the post Mickie.

Kristin said...

Fine I will read it... :)

Savannah said...

I have that book on tape and have listened to it a couple times, it's great! Definitely one that can be read/listened to over and over again to really learn it and remember!

B said...

Clay and I actually read that book together during our first year of marriage. We also read her book "The Proper Care and Feeding of Marriage." Both great!

Spence Ohana said...

I'll have to check it out. Last week when I made Stephen's lunches for work I made a point to put a sticky note on his sandwich zip lock just to let him know how much I care about him.

Will said...

Yep, and I'm still looking for that book "To Uplift and Support your Wife".