Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Baller

Ty officially has his first Basketball hoop. I saw it at Smiths, it was originally $30.00 but it was on sale for $15.00 I thought about it for a minute and decided "Why not?" (Eh hemmm yeah see previous post) So I bought him an awesome toy for no reason... whatever. ANYWAYS, I brought it to the register and it rang up for $7.50 what a deal right?

I walked in the house with it Saturday morning when Matt saw it, I told him it was a moment of weakness and super cheap. Matt said that the day earlier he wanted to go get a basketball hoop for him and it was weird that I bought one the next day with out him even saying anything... NICE! Talk about being on the same page!
 Needless to say, Ty LOVES it. He tries to shoot all the time but doesn't quite understand the arc of his shots yet so they are bullets (just like his mom haha). If he gets close enough and reaches high enough he can tip it in. Of course now everything goes through the hoop, his trucks, golf balls, teddy, plush balls... It's fun to watch him play with his hoop, especially when Matt is playing with him too.


In other news, I stumbled upon one of Ty's FAVORITE movies.. yeah yeah bad mom letting my one year old watch movies but sometimes I just need to make dinner with out him holding on to my legs the whole time. I popped this movie in a few weeks ago and he was HOOKED. I swear he barely blinked! I think he likes trains, he is also starting to understand what is going on because there is a bit of a scary part with some creepy puppets and he cries a little during that part every time... Anyways I bet you can figure out what the movie is, it's not season appropriate but when you only own about 5 kid movies you do what you can with what you have :)

P.S. Matt figured out how to update our Blu-ray player so now we can watch all the new Blu-Ray releases, Yippee!

5 comments:

Kelly Spence said...

I think I got Tanner's at the DI for $8 so yeah, good deal. It has gotten lots of use, you won't regret the purchase.

Kay said...

How cute is he? What a little man!!

Will said...

Don't let Matt D up your little guy too hard. I see a lot of hard fouls/tackling.

Holly said...

What a handsome dude playing hoops! :o)

Spence Ohana said...

I see you've got a lil Jimmer on your hands!? :) Ty is getting so big! How cute he likes Polar Express...my kids like it too. Funny you'll start getting into movie marathons with Ty where he'll watch a movie 20-30 times before he gets sick of it. Finding Nemo and Monsters Inc. were always a fav for when my kids were toddlers.