Thursday, May 27, 2010

Random Things


(1) The play is coming along great, Suzanne and I are tired of practicing all ready but we are excited to be in the finished product. We're getting our costumes together and for one segment we are in a marching band. Anyone around here have some Band instruments we might be able to fake play on stage for about a 3 minute segment? I am also in need of a white long sleeve button up dress shirt to borrow. Suzanne and I are waiters at the Harmonia Gardens. Suzanne all ready has one. Also, if anyone has some old fashioned dresses or shirts and skirts we can use let us know! The play is set in the 1890's.

(2) Matt, My Mom, Will, Preston, Colton (who hasn't swam in a pool for 2 years), Braden, Nate and Jordan have signed up to help break a world record. Matt thinks it would be cool to be a world record holder so he told everyone else to be too. It is June 11-12th Orem city is having people swim one length of the pool one at a time in a 24 hour period. They need at LEAST 4000 people to do it to break the record. If anyone else wants to do it with the family they signed up for Saturday morning at 8 am. HERE is the link.
(Yael, Sheila and I ready to run)
(3) Yesterday Ty and I got to run the Special Olympics Torch with a bunch of Cops. My work signed us up and it was SO FUN! Those Special Olympics kids were SO cute, they were excited about EVERYTHING, the Officers let them sit in the cars with them while they closed down a few lanes of State Street and did a procession. We all ran in the middle with 10 Motorcycle cops in front and 2 cars and the "Command Center" (a beefed up motor home) behind us. We'll make SURE that my work signs us up next year. I bet Ty will love it EVEN MORE next time. Bad part was we had a flat on the jogger the whole way. Eh we made it anyways, it was only a couple miles.

(Top Flite XL 7000)

(4) Matt put his old clubs on KSL yesterday, he is FINALLY getting new clubs. He has decided on a pretty spiffy set (see above) so he needed to get rid of the old ones for some extra cash to pay for the new ones. He had two sets, one incomplete set with no putter. He put them on yesterday afternoon and by 4 one set was gone then last night at 10:15 some people stopped by and bought the other set! Wow! We both thought we should have charged a little bit more BUT I think we made a fair amount on each set. I think both we sold for only 5 dollars less then what Matt spent on them and he used them for a season :)


(Trek 3700 in Matte Blue, Jimmers less expensive cousin :)
(5) We got the insurance money from the Insurance company for the stolen Jimmer. I e-mailed the media director for the BYU Men's Basketball team explaining what happened and asked for Jimmer's snail mail fan mail address so we could see if he would ever sign a NEW bike that Matt will be buying soon. The fella didn’t write back for quite a while and I had pretty much forgotten that I wrote the e-mail until yesterday he e-mailled back and said that Jimmer would LOVE to sign the new bike and to let them know when we have the bike and when we can come down to campus and Jimmer would do it! SWEET! We were pretty dang stoked about that. Oh, and just in case any one is wondering, AMFAM appraised Jimmer’s autograph at 100 dollars, I wonder what it would be if he goes to the NBA? :)

(6) Matt and Preston have this crazy idea that they want to enter into the Wild Cow Milking contest during the Strawberry days rodeo this year. So I got all the info ready and the teams need to sign up this weekend. It's a draw system so after you sign up only a few randomly chosen teams will compete. If you want to get together a team too let me know I have the phone number to call.

(Here is an example of the sport... pretty hilarious)

Man us Spence’s seem to be getting into everything these days... but isn’t that what life is all about? Getting into everything?

Have a lovely day all :)

8 comments:

Will said...

That's almost too much exciting news for one post!

Kay said...

1. My cream dress didn't work? I have a few others you can look at when you're here, remind me.
2. No other female swimmers? Come on ladies!
3.Can Marianne or I make or I'd probably buy new sweet matching shirts for the rodeo, if you get that far?? Hot Pink? Neon Orange? Vibrant Blue? Oh man, can I tie-dye some white cowboy shirts for ya'all??

Head Nurse or Patient- you be the judge said...

have you ever milked a NON wild cow? any of you? I would pay good money to watch you :)

you have been super busy lately- got to love having some sun shine- even if mother nature throws in snow

Kay said...

Oh, and I forgot to say...it looks like Matt wants quite a few things crossed off HIS bucket list in the next few months!

Kelly Spence said...

That is so awesome that he gets to have it signed again. What a nice guy.

Holly said...

Sorry will be gone or I would swim. I love swimming. :o)

Michaela said...

So much exciting news! That's great how well things worked out with the insurance company, and Matt's able to get a new bike and new clubs!

That is so funny you guys are signing up to milk wild cows!! hahaha

Oh, and I have a white long sleeve button up dress shirt that might work for you (if I remember to bring it with me when we visit next month).

Trish Griffee said...

I love the cow milking contest. That and muttin bustin:)