We left for Tempe at about 11 am and went strait to check in for our Tri. Mitzi and I dropped off our bikes and got our packets then we checked into the hotel and layed by the pool for a few hours. I did Matt's cousin Lexi's toes in a lovely green sparkle and I did my toes as well. Matt's cousins Amber and her Fiance Loren came to visit for the evening as well as Eric and Kayla and their son EJ. EJ was actually spending the night at Mitzi and Dan's the evening previous so he was with us the whole time. Boy did he love Ty baby. He would always talk and play with him. Between EJ and Lexi, Matt and I really didn't have to entertain Ty at all!
I'll tell y'all about the Tri more later when I get the pictures that Dan took, i'll just say the difference between training in 50 degrees to 90 degrees AND Pool swim vs. Lake swim is a big difference, AND NEVER call the 50+ age group "old women" or else it will come back and bite you in the BUM! (Yep you guessed it Mitzi beat me by about 15 minutes... HAHA)
(Ty LOVES to play in the dirt and bark... but one of us has to be close or else he'll eat it)
(Mickkkk)
After the Tri we headed back to Prescott then packed up for Lexi's school camp out. It was only about 30 minutes from the house so we just went up for the afternoon/evening while Lexi stayed the night. Matt, Eric and Dan took about a 13 mile Mtn. Bike trail while Mitzi, Lexi, Ty and I drove. We ate some good pot luck camping food (Baked Chicken, Dutch oven Corn Bread etc.) and sat by the camp fire while one of the Dad's strummed his guitar and sang a few songs. It was really nice and peaceful, a good way to end a hectic day. We headed back home around 9:30 and we all went to bed at about 10:30.
(Matt, Eric and Dan going for their ride)
(Mitzi Matt and Ty enjoying the campfire)





4 comments:
What a great vacation!!! And I'm glad you finished the tri! Good for you!
Oh I hope you had no probs with your Hertz car rental? Can't wait to see your tri pics! Sounds and looks like y'all are having fun!
I wish the sun was out! Fun!
Glad you're having a fun time! :)
Post a Comment