Monday, March 9, 2009

Ty Update

I had my follow up ultra sound this morning. It was a lot less eventful then last time. I drank maybe 20 oz of water on my way over rather then the recommend 32 oz. an hour before hand. Luckily Ty was asleep for the bulk of the appointment, he's a little DEVIL while he is awake when it comes to holding still (uhh just like his mama?) The technician talked to me about what he was looking for, the Kidneys and the Bladder needed a second look. He said that to him the Bladder looked just fine and the Kidneys were a little backed up but it wasn't unheard of in boys to have that happen. The accumulation of fluid wasn't a huge amount and measured smaller then the danger zone (a centimeter?), BUT as always he had to say, "That's what it looks like to me but we'll have the Radiologist check it out and give you final word on it". So I guess in 2-3 days my doctor will call me and let us know if there is anything to worry about with the little guy. The tech did say if it was something, that there is a valve that boys have to let the fluid in the Bladder from the Kidneys and it can be easily fixed with a minor operation after delivery.

Something weird that happened is while I was laying down flat on my back during the ultra sound, after about 20 minutes of the appointment I started getting light headed and the back of my mouth started watering then my eyes started watering and I thought "Oh my gosh I think I am going to puke...what? I haven't really puked in 10 years!" So right in the middle of looking at Ty's heart I said "Uh I think I am going to throw up" after looking at me and noticing no blood left in my face, he said "OH I'M SORRY, HURRY SIT UP!" I sat up and it was still pretty bad so he said "You still look bad, roll on your left side" So I rolled on my left side and instantly felt better. I said "WOW I haven't been sick my whole pregnancy that was the worst I have ever had it!" He said "The weight of the baby was cutting off your blood circulation, you let me know when it's better" within about a minute I was back to normal. He said it happens more often when you are farther along and sometimes the tech's forget because they are used to 19-20 week ultrasounds not 26-27 week ultra sounds. The rest of the appointment he propped the back up for me just in case.

Along with measurements and more pictures of his Kidneys and Bladder he measured his head and heart and all that stuff. He is growing right on track everywhere else and I am right where I need to be on my measurements as well. I'm not having the little guy anytime soon. At the beginning of the appointment the tech said "do you know if it's a boy or girl?" I said "yes, it's a boy." He said "Great do you want another picture or anything?" I said "sure if you can get one" so he would randomly through out the appointment go try and get a good picture to "confirm" but every time (while he was sleeping) BOTH HANDS were covering his boy parts. The tech kept saying "Man I can't ever get a good look, the baby has it's hands covering! Usually you will see it sucking it's thumb or have a hand up by it's face." Finally when Ty woke up he moved one hand and the tech said "Yep there it is, it's a boy for sure" it took that long and the hand was right back down. I told the tech when boys sleep they put their hands where it's warmest (okay maybe only his dad does that?) Oh and while he was waking he did is routine stretch of the legs that I enjoy so much. The tech caught it and went "whoa that little guy likes to stretch! Look at that his legs straight out like that!" Same as last time, I KNEW IT! When will it end? When he breaks my ribs from stretching after he wakes up? His head is on my lower right side, which is good, with his legs stretched out pushing on my upper left sides ribs, which is not so good. Ty is about 14" long right now. We also caught a good yawn while he woke up and he looks like he has a nicely formed mouth (meaning no cleft pallet or lip).

Sorry guys no pictures at all, Ty was moving too much when it came to a good face shot. We should have tried to get them while he was sleeping. All of the other pictures went straight to the Radiologist. We'll just have to wait another 13 weeks to see what he really looks like. Hopefully everything checks out well with the radiologist and no post delivery surgeries will be needed.

4 comments:

Holly said...

I am crossing my fingers no surgery after Ty is born. I remember when T would kick my ribs...mad did that hurt! I can not imagine stretching! AHHHHH!

Spence Ohana said...

Praying you get good news from the radiologist on lil Ty. I'm sure things will be just fine.

Yikes on feeling faint and throwing up! Remember the feeling, I always wanted to sleep on my back but couldn't. I got so used to sleeping on my left side that I still prefer to sleep on that side now.

Okay a little TMI on how Matt sleeps! LOL ;)

steve said...

So glad to hear everything is ok. I'm sure Ty will be perfectly normal and no surgeries will be necessary. Matt and Ty are not unusual in their sleeping manner. The tradition goes on. Women are no different, except they use a pillow. I'll never figure that one out.

Chrissie said...

Have you nicknamed Ty "Stretch" yet?!