Note to self when your back hurts really bad, specifically on the right side around the Kidney area...it just might be kidney stones.
Yep, the pain hit about a level 9 while at work at the Main Office in SLC today. I started sweating and was about to puke when A co-worker suggested he drive me to the doctors about 30 minutes away. Matt and I car pooled this morning and I was in no state to drive, so I agreed. My car was still in SLC so another co-worker drove my car home for me. Thanks Ben, that was VERY kind of you! (I live about 40 minutes away from the Main Office)
I e-mailed Matt from my co-workers Iphone while on the way to call me ASAP. Also, I called ahead to the doctors while driving there and they still had me wait for about an hour (maybe less but it seemed that long) before a nurse even talked to me, but it wasn't them calling me back it was me walking back and saying "If I don't lie down I'm going to throw up". By the time the doctor got in to see me and realized it was a kidney stone he was ready to shoot me up with morphine and send me to the hospital. Yeah I was at a maxed out 10 at that point. That is the most pain I think a human being can suffer... The doctor really wanted a urine sample to rule out a kidney infection but I couldn't go I was so sick...I opted out of the morphine and the hospital "option" so he gave me a prescription for Loratab and some strong antibiotics and sent me on my way with a STRONG suggestion to still go to the hospital. Good news is the doctor said that passing a kidney stone is more painful then delivering a baby so if I can handle this pain I can handle delivery... oh what a comfort.
I still hadn't gotten a hold of Matt at this point so my co-worker drove me from the doctors to Smith's to get my prescription and take me home. My co-worker was with me for about 3 hours driving me all around the valley while I was in CRAZY amounts of pain. THANKS JARED YOU'RE LITERALLY A LIFE SAVER!
Now I am on Loratab and it's taking care of most of the pain but at this point it's just a waiting game until it passes. Oh joy, I hope this NEVER happens again. I thought I was about to die, not kidding. I finally talked to Matt after picking up my prescription and he left work right away caught the bus to the church down the street and ran the rest of the way home. He checked on me then went straight to the store to buy some cranberry juice and lots of water for me to chug. I guess that's what you do try and flush out the stone.
Through it all I still had somewhat of a sense of humor because this is all I could think of the whole time. Femur bone and Kidney stones... maybe they are on the same level... :)
10 comments:
Mickie, I am SO Sorry!! How horrible! You are one tough cookie, labor will probably be a breeze :) Thanks so much for your adorable gift for Britton, we LOVE that book you gave us, I read it to my girls every night! Hang in there friend!
Oh man!! Hopefully the doctor that told you that is a girl. I guess it could be worse, you could be in labor with a broken femur and a kidney stone.
So sorry! But that ER video is funny...did you kinda laugh when you thought of it or were you way above an 8 and not on your morphine alternative yet?!
What does your OB say to do?
Wow! I still say get an epidural for the labor even though you are tough. If you don't need to feel pain, don't! Yeah I hope there are no more stones.
I had that happen when I was pregnant with Con. Yep, I can honestly say, "I feel your pain!" YAY! for lortab! ;)
I could tell that last night on the phone you were feeling pretty good :) You were just a little different. LOL. You've got to love loratab...
I blame the stone on the wonderful water where you live. I can't wait to hear that the ordeal is over . . .
Holy cow. What is wrong with you? You have been having totally random problems over the past year! Good luck with the kidney stone. They should give you an epidural to pass that too! Morphine is great though. And I can relate to the Brian Regan thing. All of the time I spent in the hospital my last two months of pregnancy they would ask me to rate my pain and such all the time and all I could ever think of was "It's killing me."
SO sorry Mick,hope it passes quickly!
When they ask me to rate my pain I'm inwardly thinking "Hmmmm, how strong a drug do I really want?"
That being said, I've had kids with and w/o an epidural. I totally vote for w/o. I'd rather endure the pain of labor and birth than recover from the way the epidural effects me.
*Disclaimer: My labor and deliveries are relatively quick and I know that makes it easier. My last one was 1 hour 20 minutes, 1st pain to birth.
Sorry about the stone. Had one and a broken femur bone. Hope you feel better soon.
Post a Comment