Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Black Friday






I decided that on Black Friday I would brave the crowds and go to Wal-mart for a couple of the good deals they had, I can really say what they are because none of it was for me but for those on my list :) Ryan decided he wanted to go as well because they had 2 dollar DVDs. We got up and left just before 5 o clock and thought that would be good enough time to run down to the Wal-Mart 5 minutes away. WRONG. There was traffic, then the parking was horrendous, then by the time we got in there all the movies we ransacked and everything else that I wanted was gone. So note to self get to Wal-Mart early next year. Regardless Ryan and I got somewhat of what we needed. We got home around 6:30, the lines took forever. I went back to bed and Matt left for work. I slept for another couple hours then Suzanne came over and the fun began!






We went and bought a CHRISTMAS TREE and a few more decorations. I had some things from last years after Christmas sale but others I didn't. Its a real one so the house smells nice and festive. I was so excited about it. Matt could care less if we have a tree so I had to make sure I did it. Man those things suck up a TON of water TOO! Anyways so here we are decorating the tree and putting out a few decorations that we have.





After Matt got home we just hung out and were really bored, (The Wu's ignored us all weekend so of course we had nothing else to do) so we made a dumb video of me trying to jump on Matt and have him lift me up... ha ha




Saturday Matt and I cut out all the wood for that Christmas Tree Advent Calender and sanded everything(Look Dad, safety goggles even, Matt insisted that I wear them...Good thing I could have gotten dust in my eyes :). Right as soon as we were finishing up Suzanne called asking if we wanted to go see "Into he Woods" a play that my cousin Kelly was in. We said sure ( THANK YOU RAY AND LINDA WE ENJOYED IT THOROUGHLY) and hurried to get dressed and made it just in time. Kelly played "Little Red" wonderfully then afterwards we went to my favorite restaurant Outback for dinner.

Sunday morning I woke up to an early phone call from the Choir director of our ward saying one of her sisters that was supposed to sing with her in sacrament meeting was sick and wondered if I could sing with her instead..... Well I guess, I am decent at sight reading. So before choir practice we sang through it twice then started with regular choir practice. (Side note: since being released from the YW presidency I now have time on Sunday morning to go to choir practice, I haven't sang in a long time and I really like it!) Then we ran through it half way one more time before church then you guessed it we went up (there were 4 of us) and busted it out. We sang "Come Thou Fount" Matt said it sounded great and others complimented as well. I some how managed to remember the harmonies and sing them right... that wasn't all me pretty sure the Lord helped big time with that. Anyways but it was actually fun I am not the type of person the gets anxiety about things like that so for me it's no sweat. I am glad I could help :) Too bad my sisters are too shy to sing in front of anyone or else we could all sing in church all the time. Wouldn't that be fun!

8 comments:

Kristin said...

You guys sure find fun things to do when we ignore you :)

I can't wait to get a tree and stuff. I need to look at riteaid again. The kids have been getting their christmas advent chocolates and they love it. Plus I make Jason find the number ;)

Kay said...

So it looks like you and Matt won't be trying out for the BYU cheer squad anytime soon? Now you know those guys are pretty buff, even if they do cheer!

Ahhh....my tools getting some use. Cool!

I'll sing with you, it doesn't bother me much to sing with a group, not by my self though!

Holly said...

I seriously can not stop laughing at your video...silly! :D Thankfully, I am in Gma's house so no one can hear me laughing. :)

Spence Ohana said...

Your tree looks great!

Our neighbors went to Walmart at 4:40am on Black Friday - they got a 19" lCD TV for $178! Man I should've gone.

You and Matt are so sily. Let me know if you want me to make you a new blog header anytime soon.

Chrissie said...

That was great! LOL!

Jacque said...

Good for you singing!!! I wish I could have heard it...that is one of my favs. I can't wait to see a pic of your advent tree...I am intringued. I am working on a project myself. It involved me being brave at Lowes. I go there and pretend like I am not a fish out of water. I don't like to ask questions proving that I don't belong in there. But I did it!!!Yay!!

annie moffat karcher said...

I like your tree. especially the star at the top. your video was hilarious. you two are the funniest. I love it.

steve said...

I like the little leg kick in the end to help Matt in the lifting.