When I was younger I never quite understood when my mom said that she couldn't sleep. She said sometimes its a REALLY good night sleep other times not so much. I remember asking her in high school when her lack of sleep started and she said sometime in her 20's. Well guys I don't have gray hair at all but for the last week I have NOT been able to sleep! I have narrowed it down to a couple things and I hope that once these are solved I can get back to the WONDERFUL sleep that I so dearly love.
1) Matt is starting a new job which of course brings a whole lot of uncertainty. Will he like his job? Will he make the kind of money that he wants to? Will this be a good step in his career to help him get into a top 20 MBA school (BYU)? Will they be flexible with school?
2) Speaking of school next semester I have 16 credits which is normally fine in my book BUT I have never had to work a full time job WHILE taking 16 credits AND be 2nd counselor in the Young Women's program in my ward. All of which are like a full time job. So lets see I am thinking I will be booked tight. Now mind you I spoke with one of my friends in my major who has taken all these classes and he told me that they were all REALLY easy classes but how easy are 5 "easy" classes going to be all at once?
3) It is STINKIN hot! Now normally I would NEVER complain about heat because I will take heat rather then cold ANY DAY, but lately? I have been SO HOT at night. I think its time to crank down the AC and get it cooler in our bedroom. I wake up at least 1 time a night hot and sweaty because Matt has thrown the covers off himself and essentially doubled up the covers on me. The problem is I have to sleep with a blanket over me its something about the weight and generally my whole body (besides a foot) has to be covered for me to fall asleep.
So there you have it, I hope in the next week or so all these feelings and the temperature will change in my home so I can get back to sleep!!
10 comments:
I'm sure it's just total stress and everything will be fine.
Maybe you stay up worrying that you're turning into your mother. Maybe that thought will keep Matt up with you . . .
I hope everything settles down, and you get into the groove of work, school, and calling...organization is the key. Good Luck!
I started not sleeping well in my 20's yes, but it got really bad about about 38, 39.
"Maybe you stay up worrying that you're turning into your mother. Maybe that thought will keep Matt up with you . . ."
She could only be soooo lucky!!! ;)
Ah, Mick...I feel your pain. I hope everything settles down for you. It's no fun not being able to drift off... I was up until 3:00am last night. When I finally got to sleep-I was awakened by Ty who was hugging me at 8:15am. Ahhh, sleep is a wonderful thing...I miss it so. There are times I can sleep well, but your Mom is right...it gets worse in your late 30s.
Wait until you hit your 50's and then we won't even talk about your 60's. Braden asked me this morning what time I got up -- he get's up at 5:00 -- I said 4:15. He said Dang. He went to bed before me.
And yes - Matt is lucky - You are your mother.
Sleep, what is that? Oh that's right I'm already 30 so it started for me awhile ago. I can see why it starts in your 20's...you've got college to stress over, your marriage and family to stress over. I agree with your mom, organization is key. Just wait until you have KIDS! Functioning on maybe 4 hours of sleep is a blessing! ;-) I miss sleep too, dearly. Don't worry you'll get yours back soon, and get it for the mean time!
The wheels in your mind keep on turnin', you got too many sticks in the fire, you're only one person doing the job of, what was it? THREE people?! Yup, stress!
Loved the part about the blankets and needing the weight, but hating the heat, and one foot sticking out...same here!
Pill popper that I am, when I got desperate, I took 1 tylenol pm on a weekend and planned on 10 hrs of blessed restful sleep.
Oh man...I'm sorry. I hate not being able to sleep. I hope it gets better...I can't ever get my mind to shut up when I'm trying to go to sleep.
Maybe you should crank UP the A/C!!! :)
Post a Comment