First of all quick scoop on the new job at Investools. Matt LOVES it he is learning so much and he is excited to start all the programs that he now has at his use through their website. He is so excited to share his new found knowledge with me and anyone who wants to hear it its crazy! (Mike I am sure in a couple months Matt just might be the man to call about stocks:)
Now onto the sad part :
A piece of my soul has been ripped from me... Okay, okay, it's not that bad, BUT my boss Allan pulled me into a impromptu meeting yesterday that I had no idea was coming. Lately since the market slowed down, Meridian has had plenty of lay offs. I don't believe I have been on the the list ever but now it's to the point where good employee or not they might have to let all assistants go if we cant keep our order count up. Well that's great news considering I am an assistant! I don't think it will happen anytime soon so don't go freaking out about it... ( like I did yesterday lol poor Matt, he was all excited about his new job and all the AWESOME things he learned while he was explaining it all I was almost in tears lol crazy wife I am) So Allan reviewed the things he thinks I do very well and things I could work on.
Lets see strengths we talked about? I am a social person... I can talk to just about anyone on the phone (now in person that is a WHOLE different ball game) and I have made good friends with a lot of people that are our customers. A lot of the big shots that use our company for their title services LOVE me and tell the owners that, (again don't know how I got these guys to like me, maybe it's that I can tell when they are joking and tease them back. Doesn't everyone remember Coach Shawn? If you can get along with him you can get along with anyone lol heck I am just a likable gal right? ) Also, when there is a problem I take the bull by the horns and get is solved, the right way, as soon as possible. I don't shy away from that stuff or push it on to someone else. If I don't know the answer then I will track down somebody who does know the answer and get the customer taken care of, THEN I go back to the person who knew the answer and learn it myself so I know the answer next time. These are all things that Allan told me he liked about me.
Then he asked me what I thought my weaknesses were besides being a Cougar fan (he is a huge Ute fan) After a chuckle, so many weaknesses were popping in and out of my thoughts that I was kind of tongue tied. What I finally spit out was something to the extent of... "I don't stay on task" (hello am I in kindergarten? who says "Stay on task") "and I could scan more files." He said well your strength is also your weakness. You have a tendency to socialize a whole bunch and in order to fulfill that need you don't walk around the office and chat per say, but you blog like CRAZY! That's when a smile came to my face ( Allan wasn't upset he was just bringing this to my attention) He said NO more blogging at work or reading blogs at work. You may come in early and read blogs and blog yourself, or stay late, but you cannot read or write on the clock.
Now I wasn't necessarily blogging or reading blogs on the clock, I just never took a definite lunch so that during the day I could take little 5-10 minute breaks and read every ones blogs. WELLL apparently I need to start clocking out for a lunch and I cant even blog then because loading pictures takes up too much bandwidth. The other problem is that I got other ladies in my office obsessed and I was causing quite the sensation. If he banned me from blogging I am sure he figures the rest will stop because most of the women don't even know how to post with out me standing right next to them :) ha ha
All and all it was a good meeting but now, you unfortunate people, will not be updated every day on the happenings of the Spence family! I know you are all just dying inside... what will you do with that extra 3-10 (sometimes I get long winded) minutes that you spent reading my blog everyday!!! ha ha
Well I will still be updating at home as much as I can but if you refer to the previous post, in the fall I start a whole lot of stuff and don't know how frequent I will be.
So to all you fellow daily bloggers out there I bid you adieu... It was fun while it lasted but now I must say goodbye :)
Oh and don't worry about loosing the hits you got from me on your blog I will do my best to keep up with the readings (good thing for igoogle) in what little spare time I will have outside of work but I don't know how much commenting I will make. Sorry guys...love to all!
6 comments:
All right - That's it. Something else will have to go. What's the bishop's phone number? Bummer!
I think that Investtools is one of our clients in SLC... oh yeah hey what's up
this is josh
Sad day. It was good while it lasted. It is a good thing that we see you frequent enough.
Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!
I'll miss the daily suspense of whether you post or not. Please don't neglect us completely.
Sorry Mick...that is a bummer. We will miss your daily updates. :( It's a good thing I live here now. Eric can't blog either...he just reads mine real quick-make sure we are correct with the story of the day (no embleishments-what?!?!) :)
Post a Comment