Thursday, November 6, 2014

Changes...always changes

1. Grace is "sleeping" through the night. Really we just decided we were too tired to wake up and feed her anymore, being zombies just isn't becoming. She cried for a few hours...apparently. My head hit the pillow last night and I woke up this morning with Matt handing her to me at 6:30. I guess Matt woke up quite a few times feeling bad for Gracie. He is such a good Dad. He always gets the best smiles from her too, she even adds a little coo for him too. It won't be long before he coaxes a belly laugh from her. 
(This is when I try to get her to smile)
(This is Dad getting it done) 
She had her 2 month check up yesterday. She is 11 lbs 8 oz. (54th percentile) and 22 inches long (31st peecentile) she is quite the chunker for one of our children. 

2. Emma is potty training! I started with her on Monday, only one success. Then Tuesday we had equal successes and failures. Moving on to yesterday was so/so as well and now she finally getting it. Her little bum is so cute in her favorite Minnie undies :) Hopefully soon we'll get her to go on a public potty. Her peeing on the floor at the doctors office because she didn't want to go on the potty there wasn't my favorite. Since she is my third child potty training I have dialed it back on the intensity and realize that it's going to take a while. I need to be in it for the long haul. Every day she gets better and better and that's all I ask from her, daily improvement. 
She got dressed this morning, (i helped her put on her shirt) she loves that skirt. She always says, "mom, it's so beautiful!" I realized today its a lot easier to put a skirt on to cover my girly's naked bum. Tuesday-Thursday she was a nudey bum I didn't want to have to wash that much underwear. Oh and the best part about her potty training is she has the poo part down... No worries there. Its just making it when she has to go the other one! Maylee has been a GREAT resource too, she is really good about telling me if she things emma needs to go, and even helps her to the bathroom. Thats how we do it, when Emma goes potty EVERYONE gets a treat. More incentive for brother and sister to make sure she is going on the potty.

3. Maylee started Pre-school! She is so cute. I can tell she feels really special and important going to school like her brother. She definitely gives me more details about Tiny Titans than Ty ever did. She gives me a good play by play. She also said "Mom I was sad at pre-school today because they kept picking me up and I didn't want them to pick me up." I got a little chuckle out of that. I told her to politely tell them to put her down. She's so little all the high school buddies must think she likes to be held. She loves school though, and it's fun for me to go shopping with just Emma and Grace. I can't believe I used to dread going shopping with two kids. Now it's heaven! 


2 comments:

Michaela said...

Grace has changed so much! She's so stinkin cute! And yay for Emma potty training! The training part is the pits, but once she gets it down you know it will be so much easier! Maylee looks so cute with her backpack on ready for school!!! :)

Will said...

High school students? Wait until her classmates think it's fun to pick her up! Little ones, sigh!