I entered a contest for an I-pad mini through a website called Fabulessly Frugal. I had been following them on Facebook and Pinterest for some time and had just recently been getting their e-mails on Amazon flash sales (i didn't even know Amazon did those!)
So as I was looking at the entries, I qualified for 3. I signed up and forgot about it. Yesterday on FB is said "Winner Winner Chicken Dinner- the winner of the i-pad mini announced" normally I don't click on those, because really, who wins those. But I had a minute so I clicked on it. Then it told me to go to ANOTHER page to see who won. I was irritated but clicked anyhow. The rafflecopter came up and it said there were 27904 entries and the winner was #15698 (or whatever #) Mickie B. At first I thought, OH MAN! What are the odds! ANOTHER MICKIE won? Crazy! How many Mickie's are there! Then I realized that my maiden name, Bragg, is a B, and on Facebook my name is Mickie Bragg Spence. Right after that realization my heart started pounding. I wasn't sure how to know if I won or not though. So I went back to Facebook to leave a comment and ask if it was me...
Mickie Bragg Spence Is it me? Is it THIS MICKIE? My heart is racing, seriously, how many Mickie's are there. How do I know for sure? I am so excited! I don't own a single Apple product... GAHHHHH! SO EXCITED!
That is when my hyperventilating began and I was starting to scream. Mind you, I am figuring all of this out while all three of the kids (by some miracle) were ALL asleep for nap time. I could hardly temper my enthusiasm. I went back on FB and posted:
Mickie Bragg Spence Gahh! I just checked my e-mail. IT IS ME! I am so excited! I am screaming and shaking! Thank you so so much!!!!!
I could hardly type! A little back story... I've wanted a tablet of sorts for years. It really isn't in the cards financially plus Matt is pretty against most technology. Not because it isn't helpful, but because he feels it turns children's brains to mush, limits their own imaginative play and cripples their ability to play by themselves. He is worried we'll raise a generation of children who'll say "ENTERTAIN ME! NOW!" that is the main reason why we didn't get a rear entertainment system in our new Pilot. He is quite passionate about it so a tablet for me, wasn't happening any time soon. So when I won, I was so excited. For the record this will be mine, not the kids. They hopefully wont even know what it is for a while and when they do figure it out, it still wont be used for their stuff very often at all.
Anyhow, I called Matt over and over he wasn't answering, he was probably doing something important, like working. So I called my mom. I freaked her out a little bit by how shaky my voice was and how hard I was breathing. You'd have thought I was in a car accident or something. But I told her quickly it was because I WON! She was super excited for me then asked me which one I won. I have no idea, all I know is I am excited to have one! I spoke with her for a few minutes then I hung up with my mom and tried Matt again. He answered and I was so excitedly yelling that I wonder if his whole office heard me! He just laughed at me and told me congratulations. I told him that God knew I wasn't going to get one any other way so he blessed me with it :) again, Matt laughed at that and told me he was happy for me. 20 bucks says he'll use it and tell me how helpful and awesome it is in the near future.
Then I hung up with him and called my sisters, I was still too excited to do anything else but scream and jump and smile. My face hurt after that hour of excitement.
So after I had calmed down I was coherent enough to write another e-mail to the owner of Fabulessly Frugal and give her a PROPER thank you for such a fantastic prize. She wrote back this morning and told me she was happy for me. She passed my address along to the company Favado, (a grocery savings and comparison app.) who sponsored the contest and they will be sending me the mini. I don't know anything else about it, but that I am so excited. I went to bed with a big smile on my face!
I am sure you'll all see a post or two from my new i-pad mini when I get it. I am excited to find out all the cool things it can do!

2 comments:
SO exciting! Seriously, no one actually wins those things! Except . . . you do apparently! YAY!!!!!! :)
Oh, here is where you won the iPad. So funny! I love that site too. Probably entered that same contest. :) So do you like it?
Post a Comment